Shun Classic Western Chef's Knife
Combining the best of two knife-making traditions, this knife from our Shun Classic line has a thicker blade than traditional Japanese cutlery and a 22-degree cutting edge modelled after European chef's knives. The thicker, heftier blade allows it be used for heavy-duty cutting tasks while still offering the superb edge retention of the Shun Classic VG-Max "super steel" blade.
- Japanese-made chef’s knife with the 22-degree blade-edge angle of Western kitchen cutlery.
- Appropriate for tasks such as cleaving, cutting through chicken bones, cracking crab shells and preparing melon fruits with thick rinds.
- Thick, strong blade offers more belly curve for rocking cuts.
- Broad blade is useful for transferring chopped foods from cutting board to pot.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and is D-shaped to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Extra weight in stainless-steel bolster balances the heavy blade.
- 6" knife: 6"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 6.8 oz.
- 8" knife: 8 1/4"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 8 oz.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 22-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.