Last Updated: APRIL 2020
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to williams-sonoma.com! We are part of "Williams-Sonoma, Inc." which includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, pottery barn kids, Pottery Barn Teen, west elm, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, and Outward.
PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO REVIEW THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ("TERMS"). THESE TERMS APPLY TO YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE williams-sonoma.com WEBSITE, ALL OTHER WEBSITES, MOBILE SITES, SERVICES, APPLICATIONS, PLATFORMS AND OTHER TOOLS WHERE THESE TERMS APPEAR OR ARE OTHERWISE REFERENCED, OR FOR WHICH NO SEPARATE TERMS ARE PROVIDED AS WELL AS TO YOUR VISITS TO OR INTERACTION WITH US IN ANY OF OUR STORES OR ELSEWHERE (COLLECTIVELY, THE "SITE"). YOUR USE OF THE SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW THESE TERMS AND TO BE BOUND BY THEM. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE.
Who We Are
These Terms and Conditions May Change
You must be at least 13 years old to use the Web Site or our mobile applications. If you are under the age of majority in your state of residence (a minor) your parent or legal guardian must agree to these Terms and Conditions on your behalf and you may only access and use the Web Site and our mobile applications with permission from your parent or legal guardian.
Shipping and Processing and In-Store Pick-Up
Our shipping and processing charges are intended to compensate Us for the cost of processing your order, handling and packing the products you purchase and delivering them to you. We encourage you to also review detailed information about our shipping and processing fees.
Some of Our stores offer certain in-store pick up options, including paid hold and ship-to-store services. We will hold your order in the store for 30 days. After 30 days, We will return your item to the store floor or warehouse, as applicable. If you paid for your item by credit card, We will credit the amount of your purchase back to the credit card you used for payment. If you paid for your purchase by cash or check, We will, at our option, provide you with a check or a store credit for the amount of your purchase.
The Site, including all of its information and contents such as photographs, images, text, data, wallpapers, icons, characters, artwork, graphics, page layout, form, music, sound, messages, software and the code used to generate the pages on the Site (collectively, the "Materials"), is the property of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. or that of Our authorized suppliers or licensors, and is protected by intellectual property and other applicable laws in the United States and/or abroad. Our intellectual property is registered in the United States and abroad. Except as otherwise provided on the Site or in these Terms, you may not download, upload, copy, print, display, reproduce, publish, license, post, distribute, or otherwise use any Materials from the Site in whole or in part for any public or commercial purpose without specific prior written permission from Williams-Sonoma, Inc. We are the owner and/or authorized user of the Williams Sonoma brand as well as any other registered or unregistered trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, titles and product names appearing on the Site, and is the copyright owner or licensee of the Materials on the Site, unless otherwise indicated. You may not use any metatags or any other "hidden text" utilizing any of Our names or trademarks without Our express written consent.
Use of the Site
We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, nontransferable license to access and make personal use of the Site and the Materials and other information contained on the Site. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of the Site; any collection and commercial use of any photographs or other Materials published on the Site; any non-personal use of Our product names, listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of the Site; any downloading, copying, or other use of the Site or the Materials for the benefit of any third party; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. You may use the Site only as permitted by law. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms are reserved and retained by Us and/or our suppliers and licensors. The licenses granted by Us to you automatically terminate if you do not comply with these Terms.
You are responsible for your use of the Site, and for any use of the Site made using your account. Our goal is to create a positive, useful, and safe user experience. To promote this goal, We prohibit certain kinds of conduct that may be harmful to other users or to Us. When you use the Site, you may not:
- • violate any law or regulation;
- • violate, infringe, or misappropriate other people's intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other legal rights;
- • post or share anything that is illegal, abusive, harassing, harmful to reputation, pornographic, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, racist, or otherwise objectionable;
- • engage in spidering or harvesting, or participate in the use of software, including spyware, designed to collect data from the Web Site or mobile applications;
- • transmit any viruses or other computer instructions or technological means whose purpose is to disrupt, damage, or interfere with the use of computers or related systems;
- • use any means to scrape or crawl any pages contained in the Site;
- • attempt to circumvent any technological measure implemented by us or any of our providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site;
- • attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software or other underlying code used to provide the Site; or
- • advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
The Site may allow you to upload, submit, store, send, or receive content and data such as comments, reviews and photos ("User Content"). You may also submit User Content in the other ways that you interact with Us such as through social media, by email, by phone, and otherwise. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that User Content.
When you upload, post, submit, send, or receive any User Content to or through the Site, you give Us permission to reproduce and use your User Content as follows: you grant to Us and those we work with a license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as translations, adaptations, or other changes we make so that User Content works better with the Site), publicly perform, publicly display, and distribute your User Content. This license is for the purpose of operating and improving the Site, to develop new products and services, and for other Williams-Sonoma, Inc. marketing purposes, including without limitation in catalogs, email and other customer communications, store materials and other marketing. We may display advertisements in connection with your User Content or on pages where your User Content may be viewed by you or others, and we may use your User Content to advertise and promote Williams-Sonoma, Inc. or the Site. Our license to your User Content is non-exclusive, meaning you may use the User Content for your own purposes or let others use your User Content for their purposes. This license is fully-paid and royalty free, meaning we do not owe you anything else in connection with our use of your User Content. We may exercise our rights under this license anywhere in the world. Lastly, this license is perpetual, meaning that our rights under this license continue even after you stop using the Site.
You promise that:
- • you own all rights to your User Content or, alternatively, that you have the right to give us the rights described above; and
- • your User Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party.
We may refuse to accept or transmit User Content for any reason with or without notice. We may remove User Content from the Site for any reason with or without notice.
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you believe that a work on the Site constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a written communication with the following information to Our Designated Agent named below:
- • Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- • A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- • A description of where the alleged infringing material is located on the Site including a hyperlink to such location;
- • A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- • An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
- • A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our Designated Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached at:
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Legal Department
3250 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94109
For clarity, only copyright infringement notices should go to our Designated Agent. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your notice may not be valid.
If you believe the content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use such content, you may submit a counter-notice to the address listed above containing the following information:
- • Your physical or electronic signature;
- • Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- • A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- • Your name, physical address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in San Francisco, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
After we receive your counter-notification, we will forward it to the party who submitted the original claim of copyright infringement. Please note that when we forward the counter-notification, it includes your personal information. By submitting a counter-notification, you consent to having your information revealed in this way. We will not forward the counter-notification to any party other than the original claimant.
After we send out the counter-notification, the claimant must then notify us within 10 days that he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the content that was removed or disabled. If we receive such notification we will be unable to restore the material. If we do not receive such notification, we may reinstate the material.
The Site may include open source components, which are licensed for use and distribution under applicable open source licenses. Use of any open source components is governed by and subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable open source license.
Hyperlinks to other Sites
To the extent our Site contains hyperlinks to outside services and resources, the availability and content of which Williams-Sonoma, Inc. does not control, any concerns regarding any such service or resource, or any hyperlink thereto, should be directed to the particular outside service or resource.
THIS SITE AND ALL CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THOSE ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE, BY YOUR USE OF THIS SITE THAT YOUR USE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THAT YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIRS OF ANY EQUIPMENT YOU USE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, AND THAT WILLIAMS-SONOMA, INC. AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND LICENSORS ("AFFILIATES") SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR OUR MOBILE APPLICATIONS.
IN PARTICULAR AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WILLIAMS-SONOMA, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, OR THE CONTENT OF THE SITE OR ONLINE SERVICES LINKED TO OR INTEGRATED WITH THE SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WILLIAMS-SONOMA, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY: (a) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (b) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE; (c) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS OR OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR USER DATA; (d) ANY INTERRUPTION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE; (e) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; OR (f) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED OR SHARED THROUGH THE SITE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WILLIAMS-SONOMA, INC. OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING FOR THE INDIRECT LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE, OR DATA) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATIONS, HOWEVER CAUSED, AND UNDER WHATEVER CAUSE OF ACTION OR THEORY OF LIABILITY BROUGHT (INCLUDING UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORT THEORY OF LIABILITY) EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any warranty or limit our liability, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such law.
Product Pricing Information
The prices displayed on our Web Site may differ from prices that are available in stores or in catalogs, and our pricing may differ from store to store. If you are in the U.S. or Canada, Web Site prices will be displayed in U.S. Dollars. Elsewhere, Web Site prices will generally be displayed in the local currency. The prices displayed in our printed catalogs are quoted in U.S. Dollars and are valid and effective only in the U.S.
We use “Sugg” to refer to the manufacturers’ suggested retail price (MSRP) for a branded product (e.g., Cuisinart®, Wüsthof®, Scanpan®). MSRP is a reference to a price at which the manufacturer recommends that the item be offered or sold by retailers, which may not include Williams Sonoma. Prices vary amongst sellers and change over time, so the MSRP may not represent an average price or an offering price at any particular time.
“Sugg.” prices will be listed in black along with our “Our Price” pricing in red online and in our catalog (ex., online: Sugg. $19.95 Sugg. Price. $15.95; catalog: Sugg. $19.95 Our Price. $15.95). “Our Price” in red refers to the everyday value price we offer to our customers.
Sugg Price $300
Our Price $199.95
In some instances, where we are the manufacturer of the product (e.g., Williams Sonoma Signature Thermo-Clad™ cookware, Williams Sonoma Professional cookware), “Sugg. Price” refers to the total price of all items in the set if each individual item were to be purchased separately. “Our Price” refers to price reflecting the discount that comes from buying the item in a set rather than individually.
For sale products, the sale will be indicated by the words “Limited Time Only” and the new price will be reflected in the “Our Price.” The amount of the discount from the MSRP will be indicated in red below “Our Price.” For example, “Limited Time Only 20% off and Free Shipping.” Clearance items contain Our Price that ends in $0.97, $0.98 or $0.99. Sale in red may also be used instead of Our Price for Clearance items or to indicate that one color of a particular item is on Clearance. Items that end in $0.99 are final sale and cannot be cancelled or return.
Sugg. Price $900
Our Price $449.96
Limited Time Only - Up to 50% Off!
Sugg. Price $249.95
Our Price $174.98
Sugg. Price $50
Sugg. Price $20
Occasionally we will offer special promotions to our customers that we refer to as "special offers" or "special offer". This can include a gift with purchase, free shipping, manufacturer offers, or other promotional activity associated with a product purchase. These offers may be for a limited time only.
Text Message Program Terms
Signing Up and Opting-In to the Service
Enrollment in the Service requires you to provide your mobile phone number and to agree to these terms and conditions. You may not enroll if you are under 18 years old (except in Alabama and Nebraska, 19 years old). Before the Service will start, you will need to verify the mobile phone number you provided by responding to a text message to your mobile phone that affirms your choice to opt-in to this Service and your agreement to these Terms. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. reserves the right to stop offering the Service at any time with or without notice.
By opting into the Service, you:
- authorize Williams Sonoma Inc. to use autodialer or non-autodialer technology to send text messages to the mobile phone number associated with your opt-in (i.e., the number listed on the opt-in form or, if none, the number from which you send the opt-in, or, if none, the number on file for the account associated with your opt-in).
- acknowledge that you do not have to agree to receive messages as a condition of purchase.
- confirm that you are the subscriber to the relevant phone number or that you are the customary user of that number on a family or business plan and that you are authorized to opt in.
- consent to the use of an electronic record to document your opt-in. To request a free paper or email copy of the opt-in or to update our records with your contact information, please call . To view and retain an electronic copy of these Terms or the rest of your opt-in, you will need (i) a device (such as a computer or mobile phone) with Internet access, and (ii) and either a printer or storage space on such device. For an email copy, you'll also need an email account you can access from the device, along with a browser or other software that can display the emails.
Messages You May Receive
Once you affirm your choice to opt in to the Service, your message frequency may vary. You may receive an alert when:
- you are welcomed into the Service
- an order has been placed
- an order has been delivered
- an item or items has shipped; an item or items are ready for an in-store pick up
- there are general marketing or promotions
Charges and Carriers
Message and data rates may apply. Please consult your service agreement with your wireless carrier or contact your wireless carrier to determine your phone's pricing plan and the charges for sending and receiving text messages. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any message, data or other charges incurred (usage, subscription, etc.) as a result of using the Service.
Supported carriers are AT & T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, Virgin Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Cricket, Alltel, Cincinnati Bell, Cellcom, C-Spire, nTelos, MetroPCS, and other smaller regional carriers. The Service may not be available on all wireless carriers. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. may add or remove any wireless carrier from the Service at any time without notice. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. and mobile carriers are not responsible for any undue delays, failure of delivery, or errors in messages.
To Stop the Service
To stop receiving text messages from Williams-Sonoma, Inc., text the word STOP to any time or reply STOP to any of the text messages you have received from Williams-Sonoma, Inc. For Services operated through a different number, text STOP to that number to opt out. Your opt-out request may generate either a confirmation text or a texted request to clarify the text message program to which it applies (if you have more than one). To complete your opt-out, please provide the requested clarification. You acknowledge that the text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that do not include the STOP keyword command and agree that Williams-Sonoma, Inc. and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. If you unsubscribe from one of our text message programs, you may continue to receive text messages from Williams-Sonoma, Inc. through any other programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs. These Terms still will apply if you withdraw the consent mentioned above or opt out of the Service.
You can text HELP for help at any time. This will provide you a link to the terms and conditions along with a phone number to call for assistance. You can also contact us at .
Mobile Phone Number Change
In the event that you change or deactivate your mobile phone number, you agree to notify Williams-Sonoma, Inc. by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling .
From time to time there may be information on our Site or in our catalog that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and availability. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). If you do not wish to continue your purchase after pricing or other information has been corrected, please contact us right away and we will work with you to cancel or return your order.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Williams-Sonoma, Inc. and its Affiliates from and against any and all claims, costs, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney's fees and legal costs) of any kind or nature, arising from or relating to, any actual or alleged breach of these Terms by you or anyone using your account. If we assume the defense of such a matter, you will reasonably cooperate with us in such defense.
Arbitration Agreement & Waiver of Certain Rights
You and Williams-Sonoma, Inc. agree that, except as set forth below, we will resolve any disputes between us (including any disputes between you and a third-party agent of Williams-Sonoma, Inc.) through binding and final arbitration instead of through court proceedings. You and Williams-Sonoma, Inc. hereby waive any right to a jury trial of any Claim (defined below). All controversies, claims, counterclaims, or other disputes arising between you and Williams-Sonoma, Inc. or you and a third-party agent of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (a "Claim") will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration in accordance with the Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA Rules"). The arbitration will be heard and determined by a single arbitrator. The arbitrator's decision in any such arbitration will be final and binding upon the parties and may be enforced in any court of competent jurisdiction. The parties agree that the arbitration proceedings will be kept confidential and that the existence of the proceeding and any element of it (including, without limitation, any pleadings, briefs or other documents submitted or exchanged and any testimony or other oral submissions and awards) will not be disclosed beyond the arbitration proceedings, except as may lawfully be required in judicial proceedings relating to the arbitration, by applicable disclosure rules and regulations of securities regulatory authorities or other governmental agencies, or as specifically permitted by state law. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to this agreement. However, the arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of these Terms including, but not limited to, a claim that all or any part of these Terms is void or voidable.
If you demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will pay as much of the administrative costs and arbitrator's fees required for the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the cost of the arbitration from being prohibitive. In the final award, the arbitrator may apportion the costs of arbitration and the compensation of the arbitrator among the parties in such amounts as the arbitrator deems appropriate.
This arbitration agreement does not preclude you or Williams-Sonoma, Inc. from seeking action by federal, state, or local government agencies. You and Williams-Sonoma, Inc. also have the right to bring qualifying claims in small claims court. In addition, you and Williams-Sonoma, Inc. retain the right to apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for provisional relief, including pre-arbitral attachments or preliminary injunctions, and any such request shall not be deemed incompatible with these Terms and Conditions, nor a waiver of the right to have disputes submitted to arbitration as provided in these Terms and Conditions.
Neither you nor Williams-Sonoma, Inc. may act as a class representative or private attorney general, nor participate as a member of a class of claimants, with respect to any Claim. Claims may not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis. The arbitrator can decide only your and/or Williams-Sonoma, Inc.'s individual Claims. The arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated.
If any provision of this Section is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then that specific provision shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed, but the remainder of this Section shall continue in full force and effect. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration you and Williams-Sonoma, Inc. each waive any right to a jury trial. No waiver of any provision of this Section of the Terms and Conditions will be effective or enforceable unless recorded in a writing signed by the party waiving such a right or requirement. Such a waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of this Terms and Conditions. The arbitrator may award in the arbitration the same damages or other relief available under applicable law, including injunctive and declaratory relief, as if the action were brought in court on an individual basis. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the foregoing or herein, the arbitrator may not issue a "public injunction" and any such "public injunction" may be awarded only by a federal or state court. If either party seeks a "public injunction," all other claims and prayers for relief must be adjudicated in arbitration first and any prayer or claim for a "public injunction" in federal or state court stayed until the arbitration is completed, after which the federal or state court can adjudicate the party's claim or prayer for "public injunctive relief." In doing so, the federal or state court is bound under principles of claim or issue preclusion by the decision of the arbitrator. This Section of the Terms and Conditions will survive the termination of your relationship with Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
THIS SECTION LIMITS CERTAIN RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO MAINTAIN A COURT ACTION, THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL, THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY FORM OF CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIM, THE RIGHT TO ENGAGE IN DISCOVERY EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN AAA RULES, AND THE RIGHT TO CERTAIN REMEDIES AND FORMS OF RELIEF. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU OR WILLIAMS-SONOMA, INC. WOULD HAVE IN COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION.
Any action relating to the use of the Site, mobile applications, catalogs or any transaction with Williams-Sonoma, Inc. must be brought in the state or federal courts located in the County of San Francisco, California. You consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of any such action. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any conflict of laws rules or provisions.
Under no circumstances will we be held liable for any delay or failure in performance due in whole or in part to any acts of nature or other causes beyond our reasonable control.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms and will not affect the enforceability of any other provisions.
The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not prevent us from enforcing such right or provision in the future.
We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms, including in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale of assets or equity, or by operation of law.
We strive to make our Site content accessible and user-friendly. If you are having difficulty viewing the content on this Site or navigating the site, please call our Customer Service Team toll-free at 1 855-860-1081 or email our team at email@example.com, and we will be happy to assist you.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands support and adhere to the guidelines and practices adopted by the Direct Marketing Association's Privacy Promise to American Consumers. We have agreed to (1) provide customers with notice of their ability to opt out of information rental, sale, or exchange with other marketers; (2) honor customers' requests not to share their contact information with other marketers; and (3) honor customers' requests not to receive mail, telephone, or other solicitations from Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands.
Collecting Information About You
Categories and Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact Information: your first and last name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Other identifying information: IP address, social media user names, passwords and other security information for authentication and access;
- Financial Information: credit card, debit card and bank account information;
- Demographic information: gender, age, employment information and salary information;
- Geolocation data;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our services and which elements of our services you use the most;
- Commercial information: products purchased or viewed on our website;
- Audio and visual information: your videos and photos; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
Categories of Use
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Receive, process, confirm, send and track your order, subscription or registration;
- Communicate with you about your order, subscription or registration;
- Process any subscription or registration you make to one of our services; and
- Maintain your "Gift List" through your registry
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information, demographic information, and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, geolocation data, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers;
- Provide you with targeted advertising;
- Run contests, promotions and sweepstakes,
- Provide you with our loyalty program including earning points and awarding and redeeming certificates; and
- Provide you with other information from and about Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Website: We use your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide and maintain our Design Lab services;
- Provide and maintain functionality on our website, including our live chat or customer review features;
- Handle your customer services requests; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our stores, websites and apps.
- Review and Content Creation Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, and audio and visual information to enable reviews of our products and to display content that you have created and allowed us to display on our website and services and on social media.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect this website, our company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect information from the following sources:
We collect information directly from you. We collect contact and demographic information directly from you. We also collect payment information from you.
We collect information from you passively. We collect Internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Advertising and Online Tracking section below.
We may combine information you give us online, in our stores, or through our catalogs. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with third parties. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you directly about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional and commercial purposes.
When We Share Information with Third Parties
Our Service Providers
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data analysis and management, promotional services, etc. We call them our Service Providers. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
Our Select Partners
From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours. These are known as our Select Partners. In such cases we might rent, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. This section does not apply to mobile phone numbers and opt in consent information collected for SMS text programs. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands may also collect mobile phone numbers for other purposes which are subject to this section.
We may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with any Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands.
We may share personal information with parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
Law Enforcement and Courts
In certain instances we may disclose your contact information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands or to others. We may also disclose your contact information when we believe the law or legal process requires it.
If you would like to opt out of accepting cookies altogether, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. However, certain features of our web sites or other services may not work if you delete or disable cookies.
We use Google Analytics on our web sites to collect usage data, to analyze how users use the web sites and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Advertising and Online Tracking
Opting Out Of Marketing And Transfers; Updating Information About You
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing from us or from our Select Partners, or if you would like to opt out of our rental or exchange of your information with other marketers, please let us know. In the U.S., you can call us at 800.541.1262 or send us an email. Outside of the U.S., you can call us at 405.717.6139 or send us an email. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you would like to update or correct your email address, mailing address or other contact information with us please contact us the same way. If you like, you may use one of the following statements in your message to us:
- I prefer not to receive email advertisements, such as updates regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to receive direct mail advertisements, such as periodic catalogs and mailings regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to have my contact information provided to third parties for their marketing purposes.
You may also click the designated link at the bottom of all email advertisements to be removed from future email updates.
Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take up to five days for your email request and 6-8 weeks to process your postal mail request.
We may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, entry, etc., even if you have opted to not receive marketing communications from us. We contact you only in ways compatible with your communications choices. To the extent necessary for such purposes, we take reasonable steps to make sure that your contact information is accurate, complete, current, and otherwise reliable.
California Customer Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA Rights"). This section describes those rights and how you can exercise them with Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands.
CCPA Rights Requests
Right to Know and Right to Deletion
You can request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold in the preceding 12 months.
You can also request that we delete your personal information. We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
Please note that if we delete your personal information, many of our services will not work the same. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Returns: We will not have the ability to look up your receipt or order in our system. In order to process a return or refund, we will require proof of purchase from the customer and if the customer is unable to provide proof of purchase, the transaction will be treated as an unreceipted return in accordance with our return policy.
- Customer Service: Our ability to handle customer service requests may be limited. We will not have the ability to look up prior orders or account information and may request proof of purchase in order to service your needs.
- Online Account & Shopping: Your online account will no longer exist. Your shopping cart items, order history, saved addresses, saved recipes and any other saved preferences in your online account will no longer be available.
- Loyalty Program: You will lose your loyalty account and any points earned as part of your participation in Key Rewards. You will not be able to accrue loyalty points moving forward. Any existing reward certificates will be honored. You will also no longer be eligible for loyalty specific benefits such as exclusive events and early access offers.
- Recalls: We will no longer be able to contact you via email, regular mail, or phone about product recalls related to products you purchased, unless you provided your information to us by returning a product registration card attached to a durable infant product.
- Gift Registry: You will no longer be able to view or add items to your gift registry. Reference to your name in a joint registry will be deleted.
- Marketing Communications: We will no longer be able to provide you with any marketing communications directly from our family of brands, including personalized marketing communication such as information about new products, services and offers tailored to your interests.
- Opt Outs: Previous opt-out requests will not be saved.
To submit a request to know or a request to delete, please visit Truyo Portal. or call 833.922.7529. In order to verify your identity, you will need to provide at least three of the following pieces of your information: name, telephone number, e-mail address, mailing address, and last transaction amount. We will match this information to the information on our systems. For an online request to delete, we will also send you a second verification to confirm that you want your information to be deleted. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf. If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information. We will maintain a record of your request to know or request to delete.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Personal Information that We Sell
We may "sell" (as sell is defined in CCPA) the following categories of personal information:
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California and federal law;
- Internet/electronic activity;
- Commercial information; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, preferences, behavior and attitudes.
We "sell" your personal information to Select Partners and to digital advertising networks. We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under the age of 16.
Right to Opt Out of Sale
California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties, as "sale" is defined under CCPA.
To submit a request to opt out of the sale of your personal information, please visit Truyo Portal. or call 833.922.7529. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf.
We participate in digital advertising networks to deliver advertising that is tailored to your interests. The participation in certain ad networks can constitute a "sale" of personal information under CCPA. In order to opt out of this activity, please visit optout.aboutads.info and optout.networkadvertising.org.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA Rights and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
We offer various financial incentives. The terms of the financial incentive will be presented to you at the time you sign up. You may withdraw from any of the financial incentives by contacting us at 800.541.1262, email or by unsubscribing to our email marketing by vising our website. The value of your data is the value of the offer presented to you. We have calculated the value of the incentive by using the expense related to the offer.
Below are the metrics for the California consumer requests pursuant to CCPA that we received, complied with (in whole or in part) and denied between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. Note that denied requests include requests that failed due to lapsed or failed verification or requests where an agent did not provide sufficient verification of their authority to make the request.
Requests to know:
Complied with in whole or in part: 12
Median time to substantively respond: 18 days
Requests to delete:
Complied with in whole or in part: 48
Median time to substantively respond: 28 days
Requests to opt-out:
Complied with in whole or in part: 3893
Median time to substantively respond: 2 days
International Customer Privacy
When we identify that your order is one that will be shipped internationally, we work with Borderfree to complete your order. On the checkout page, you will be required to submit credit card and contact information (name, billing address, shipping address, email address and phone number) to Borderfree to complete your order. Upon completion of your order, Borderfree will notify us of the approval of your order, and we will then ship approved orders to Borderfree. Simultaneously, Borderfree will purchase the product from us, which allows them to take title to the product(s), bill your credit card, collect and remit any duties and taxes to the appropriate taxing authority and arrange for the product to be delivered to you. In this process, Borderfree makes the sale to you as the merchant of record. When ordering a product, you will be presented with Borderfree's terms and conditions to which you must agree in order to receive the product(s) you ordered.
If you choose to provide Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Brands with your information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard your information delivered to us electronically, our web sites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode your information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk.
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that any of your children has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us and we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
Last Updated: August 1, 2022