- Grilled Vegetables with Avocado Chimichurri Sauce
- Burgers with Blue Cheese
- Citrus-Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Grill-Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Bell Peppers
- Grill-Roasted Tomatoes Topped with Cheese and Herbs
- Old-Fashioned Potato Salad
- Grilled Summer Squash with Fresh Herbs
- Grilled Pork Chops with Caramelized Peaches and Basil
- Grill-Roasted Pork Loin with Onions
- Turkey Burgers
- Vadouvan Chicken Wings
- Heirloom Potato Salad
- Chipotle Ketchup
- Beer Mustard
- Classic Barbecue Sauce
Grilled Vegetables with Avocado Chimichurri Sauce
Grilled Vegetables with Avocado Chimichurri
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
Grilled vegetables get dressed up with a fun twist on chimichurri by adding avocado to the sauce. This flavourful and creamy topping served with lightly charred veggies and grilled bread is an easy vegan side dish perfect for summertime cookouts and picnics.
Courtesy of Crumbs and Caramel (https://crumbsandcaramel.com)
For the Avocado Chimichurri:
- ½ cup finely minced parsley
- ½ cup finely minced cilantro
- 2 tbsp finely minced fresh oregano leaves (or 1-2 tsp dried)
- ½ small shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp coarse salt (or ½ tsp table salt)
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or 1 finely diced red chili or jalapeño pepper, for spicy chimichurri)
- 1 avocado, diced small
For the Grilled Vegetables (2-3 lbs mixed vegetables, see the following suggestions):
- 2 -3 bell peppers, quartered, stems and seeds removed (or 6-8 sweet mini peppers, whole)
- 1-2 zucchini or summer squash, sliced ½”(1¼cm) thick (or sliced in half lengthwise if small)
- 1-2 Japanese eggplant, sliced ½" (1¼cm) thick (or sliced in half lengthwise)
- 2 ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 8 ounces small radishes, trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 4 young, thin carrots, halved lengthwise
- Scallions, trimmed or sweet onions cut into ½"(1¼cm) slices
- 2 lemons, halved and visible seeds removed
- 4-6 pieces flatbread or thick sliced crusty bread
- ⅓ cup olive oil, for grilling
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients for the chimichurri except for the avocado in a jar with a tight fitting cover, or a small bowl. Shake the jar to mix the ingredients, or whisk together if using a bowl. Cover tightly and set aside to infuse the oil while you grill the vegetables.
- For stovetop:Heat a cast iron grill pan skillet over medium-high heat.
- For outdoor grilling:Preheat the barbeque grill to medium-high (400-450°F/177-204°C).
- Set all of the prepared vegetables on a large baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, and toss or brush to coat evenly. Brush both sides of the bread with oil.
- Grill the vegetables: Depending on the size of your grill pan or outdoor grill, you may need to cook the vegetables in batches. Start with the densest vegetables which will need to cook the longest, turning them once halfway through (try not to move them too much so they develop nice char lines), using the following as a guide:
- 8-10 minutes for corn (cut into 2-4 pieces, if desired, once cooked)
- 6-8 minutes for bell peppers (remove skins, if desired, once cooked)
- 5-7 minutes for zucchini/summer squash, eggplant, mushrooms, and asparagus
- 4-6 minutes for asparagus and scallions or sliced onions
- 2-3 minutes for lemon halves (do not flip)
- 1-2 minutes for small radishes, and cherry tomatoes (until they are starting to burst and have some char)
- ~1 minute for the flatbread or sliced bread
- Absorbent vegetables like eggplant, zucchini or mushrooms may need to be brushed with more oil before flipping to prevent sticking. The vegetables should have grill marks and be tender. Do not overcook. Remove them from the grill as they are done, season with salt and pepper to taste, and place back on the baking sheet or arrange on a serving platter. Grill the bread last.
- Just before serving, shake/whisk the chimichurri well once more and gently toss in the diced avocado to coat. Serve spooned over or alongside the warm or room temperature grilled vegetables, bread and a squeeze of grilled lemon.
- Best served immediately.
Sorry, we couldn't find any products.