One-Pot Vegetable Pasta
One-Pot Vegetable Pasta
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2 to 4
Looking for an easy recipe that requires minimal cleanup and is also healthy-ish? This garden-fresh pasta fits the bill. It’s prepared in a single pot—vegetables, noodles and all! As everything cooks together, the flavours meld beautifully. Lemon zest brightens the dish; use more or less zest, depending on your taste. Then toss a simple salad, set out some crusty bread and you’ve got a delicious meal ready in no time.
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 pint (12 oz./375 g) cherry tomatoes, larger ones halved
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) zucchini, diced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- 8 oz. (250 g) linguine or spaghetti
- 2 cups (16 fl. oz./500 ml) vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup (8 fl. oz./250 ml) dry white wine
- Grated zest of 1/2 to 1 lemon
- 1 cup (4 oz./125 g) grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Leaves from 1 bunch fresh basil
- In a deep sauté pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Using a Microplane, grate the garlic into the pan, then finely chop any remaining pieces of garlic and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. If any browned bits are stuck to the bottom of the pan, add 2 Tbs. water and stir to loosen them. Add the tomatoes, zucchini, red pepper flakes and a large pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta, breaking the noodles in half if needed, and stir to coat with the vegetable mixture. Add the broth, wine and another large pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced to a sauce-like consistency and the noodles are al dente, about 7 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the lemon zest, Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil. Season to taste with salt.
- Transfer the pasta to individual bowls. Garnish with the basil leaves, a sprinkling of red pepper flakes and Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately. Serves 2 to 4.
- Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen
Sorry, we couldn't find any products.