- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Servings: 8
Ina Garten recommends preparing a pitcher of these colorful cocktails in advance, then stashing the pitcher in the fridge. When guests arrive, simply shake the mixture with plenty of ice until the drinks are thoroughly chilled for a festive pre-dinner cocktail that still leaves you plenty of time for putting the finishing touches on dinner.
- 2 cups (16 fl. oz./500 ml) good vodka, such as Grey Goose or Finlandia
- 1 cup (8 fl. oz./250 ml) orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1 cup (8 fl. oz./250 ml) cranberry juice cocktail, such as Ocean Spray
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) bottled pomegranate juice, such as Pom Wonderful
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 4 limes)
- Thinly sliced limes for garnish
- Combine the vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry juice, pomegranate juice and lime juice in a large pitcher. Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice, add about 1 1/4 cups (10 fl. oz./315 ml) of the mixture and shake for a full 30 seconds. Strain into 2 martini glasses and garnish each with a slice of lime. Repeat to shake the remaining cocktails. Serve immediately. Makes 8 drinks.
- Reprinted from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics. Copyright © 2008 by Ina Garten. Photographs copyright © 2008 by Quentin Bacon. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of Random House, a division of Penguin Random House.