- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Servings: 1
Made with light rum, lime juice, fresh muddled mint and sparkling water, the mojito is a classic cocktail that’s particularly refreshing on a hot day. If you don’t have sugar cubes on hand, you can use substitute a spoonful of superfine sugar or a splash of simple syrup.
- 2 sugar cubes
- Sparkling water as needed
- 6 fresh mint leaves, plus 1 mint sprig for garnish
- 1 1/2 oz. (45 ml) light rum
- Juice of 1 small lime, plus 1 lime wedge for garnish
- In a mixing glass, combine the sugar cubes, a splash of sparkling water and the mint leaves. Using a muddler, lightly crush the contents of the glass until the mint is aromatic and the sugar is dissolved. Add the rum and lime juice to the glass, fill the glass with ice and stir until well chilled. Strain the contents of the glass into a double old-fashioned or highball glass filled with fresh ice and top off with more sparkling water. Garnish with the mint sprig and lime wedges and serve immediately. Makes 1 drink.
- Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen
Sorry, we couldn't find any products.