Kumquat Orange Bellini
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 14
Citrus fruits shine in this refreshing cocktail created by Suzanne Goin, the award-winning chef/owner of four Southern California restaurants. For a nonalcoholic version, substitute sparkling water for the sparkling wine.
To make a simple syrup, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine equal parts sugar and water and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before using.
- 1 1/2 cups halved kumquats, seeds removed and kumquats roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup simple syrup, plus more, to taste
- Ice cubes as needed
- Sparkling wine for serving
- In a blender, combine the kumquats, orange juice, lemon juice and the 3/4 cup simple syrup and puree until smooth. You should have about 3 1/2 cups puree.
- For each cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add equal parts kumquat-orange puree and sparkling wine. Shake gently, then adjust the sweetness with more simple syrup as needed. Strain into a flute or a double old-fashioned glass. Makes 14 cocktails.
- Recipe by Chef Suzanne Goin.
Sorry, we couldn't find any products.