Mini Pavlova Nests
Miniature Pavlova Nests
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
Easter is just around the corner. Especially if you have young ones at home, it’s time for bunnies, chicks, and springtime sweets. These little meringue “nests” can be easily accomplished with staple ingredients from your fridge and pantry. Here, they’re topped with pastel-hued Médecis almonds, but any small Easter egg treat would work just as well — think jelly beans, chocolate eggs, m&ms or skittles.
- 4 egg whites
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 cup (7 oz./220 g) superfine sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
- 3/4 cup (6 fl. oz./180 ml) heavy cream, whipped and lightly sweetened
- 1/2 cup (2 oz./60 g) sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Candy for topping, such as Médicis Chocolate Covered Pastel Almonds
- Preheat an oven to 200°F (95°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and salt on high speed until foamy. Gradually beat in the superfine sugar and continue to beat until the whites hold stiff, glossy peaks. Beat in the cornstarch and vinegar.
- Spoon the meringue into a piping bag fitted with a 1/2-inch (12-mm) open star tip, such as Ateco #846.
- Pipe a 3-inch (7.5-cm) circle of meringue onto one of the prepared baking sheets. (This will form the base of a nest.) Then pipe a border along the edges of the circle to create the sides of the nest. Repeat with the rest of the meringue to form more nests, dividing them evenly between the baking sheets.
- Bake for 90 minutes. Turn off the oven and let cool in the oven, without opening the door, for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Using a spoon or a piping bag, fill each nest with about 2 Tbs. of the whipped cream. Top with the toasted coconut and candies. Makes 8 to 10 nests.
- Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen
Sorry, we couldn't find any products.