- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 10
These homemade waffle cones are perfect for holding scoops of your favourite ice cream. Be sure to cook each cone for at least 1 minute before lifting the lid of the waffle-cone maker so the batter has time to firm up.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat a waffle-cone maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Start with heat setting #3 and adjust as necessary, depending on the desired degree of brownness.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until the sugar is incorporated and the eggs have lightened in color, about 1 minute. Add the flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Add the butter and milk and stir just until combined.
- Spoon a scant 1/4 cup batter onto the waffle-cone maker. Using a small offset spatula, spread the batter evenly over the surface. Close the lid and cook for at least 1 minute before lifting the lid to check for doneness. Continue cooking until the desired color is reached, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes total on heat setting #4.
- Quickly remove the waffle from the waffle-cone maker and shape it around the cone roller (included with the waffle-cone maker). Hold the cone for a few seconds to set its shape. Set the cone on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. Makes about 10 cones.
- Williams-Sonoma Kitchen