Swedish Toast Skagen on Pumpernickel Bread
Swedish Toast Skagen
on Pumpernickel Bread
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Servings: 4
Created by Riz, his blog Chocolates & Chai is for lovers of comfort food, dessert, and brunch. Inspired by international cuisine, the blog is all about finding the love and the story behind every meal. He started Chocolates & Chai in 2015 as a way of sharing recipes with his friends and family around the world.
Courtesy of Chocolates & Chai (https://www.chocolatesandchai.com)
- 6 slices of pumpernickel bread
- Butter, softened, to spread
- 150g small, cooked prawns/shrimp, peeled (5.3 oz)
- 2 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise (good quality)
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- Pepper, a pinch
- 1 teaspoon dill, chopped finely
- 80g caviar (2.8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped finely
- Lemon wedges, thinly sliced, for serving
- Toast the bread, and butter generously.
- Aside from the caviar, 1 tablespoon of chives, and the lemon wedges, mix all ingredients together. Allow to marinate for 10-20 minutes before generously spooning on to the toast slices.
- Top with caviar and remaining chives. Serve alongside a lemon wedge.
- Eat away. (And then make it again. And eat it again. You know you want to!
- If you want to turn these delicious little bite-sized beauties into a big ol’ brunch, everything stays the same…except, instead of using cute triangular cuts of bread, go for a nice big slice so you can really pile on the toppings!
- This is a simple recipe with very few components, as such it makes a difference to use the best quality ingredients that are available to you – for the most authentic skagenrora, opt for a Swedish roe, and a good quality mayonnaise. If you have one nearby, you can pick up some frozen shrimp from Ikea…authentic Swedish shrimp for this Swedish toast!
- Recipe Notes:
Sorry, we couldn't find any products.