Staub Cast-Iron Essential French Oven, Rooster Design
With sloping, tapered sides best suited for stirring, Staub's Essential French Oven is ideal for making creamy risotto. You'll also love it for slow-simmering soups, stews and tagines as well as French classics like coq au vin. With the depth of a sauté pan and the curved sides of a skillet, this essential pan is a kitchen mainstay and a symbol of French culinary heritage.
- 3 3/4-qt. capacity.
- Heavyweight enamelled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Innovative domed Chistera lid has interior spikes that promote self-basting to keep food moist and is adorned with a traditional Gallic rooster and nickel-plated brass knob.
- Multicoat enamelling creates a glossy, vibrantly coloured "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- Made in France.
- 9 3/4" diam., 4 1/4" high (5 3/4" high with lid).
- 3 3/4-qt. cap.
- 9 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface resulting in better browning.
- Smooth enamelled base is compatible with all cooktops, including induction.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavourful results.
- Made in France.
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- No seasoning required; for best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring your pan slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.