Shun Premier 3-Piece Build-A-Block Set
The Shun Premier collection is distinguished by hand-hammered blades and walnut-coloured PakkaWood® handles that evoke the artistry of traditional hand-forged knives. Handcrafted in Japan, the blades are thin and lightweight. This starter set equips you with a chef's knife, honing steel and a slim bamboo block with room for more knives as your collection grows. An excellent introduction to the superior quality of Shun Premier cutlery.
- Special 3-piece set includes an 8" chef's knife, honing steel and 6-slot bamboo storage block.
- Knife blade features a core of VG-MAX "super steel" that can take and hold a razor-sharp edge.
- Blade is clad on each side in 34 microthin of Damascus stainless steel for stain and corrosion resistance and easy release.
- Double-bevel flat ground blade is sharpened to a traditional 16-degree angle for precise cutting and slicing.
- The striking hand-hammered finish (tsuchime in Japanese) reduces drag when cutting and helps to quickly release food from the blade.
- Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade, 6"-long handle; 8 oz.
- Honing Steel: 9"-long rod, 5"-long handle; 7 oz.
- Storage Block: 8 1/2" x 3" x 8" high.
- Eco-friendly bamboo block has slots for the chef's knife and honing steel, plus four empty slots to fill as you build your collection.
- Walnut-finish PakkaWood® handles are bacteria-resistant and provide a comfortable grip for right and left-handed users.
- Knife's full-composite tang adds strength, while stainless-steel end cap creates stability and even weight distribution from end to end.
- Storage block constructed of durable, lightweight bamboo will not swell, which helps prevent knives from becoming dull.
- Knife handcrafted in Japan; block and honing steel made in China.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knives in a safe place to protect edges and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.