Shun Kanso 6 1/2" Nakiri Knife
Influenced by the Zen principle of simplicity, the Shun Kanso collection was designed with only the most essential elements in mind: high-performance steel, razor-sharp edges, perfect balance and precision handling. The nakiri knife (Japanese for "vegetable knife") features an ultra-sharp hollow-ground blade with indentations that reduce friction and minimize sticking. Shaped like a cleaver, this efficient knife chops, slices and minces fresh fruits and vegetables with ease.
- Blade is crafted of highly refined, high-carbon vanadium stainless steel that takes and holds a razor-sharp edge.
- Razor-sharp 16-degree blade edge ensures precise cutting with maximum control.
- Heritage-finish blade hides scratches and improves with age.
- Full tang guarantees superb balance and ease of use.
- Angled handle is made of dark tagayasan, known as "iron sword wood," an extremely dense wood traditionally used to make Samurai sword handles.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- 6 1/2"-long blade.
- 6 1/2"-long handle.
- 8.16 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.