Shun Hikari 7-Piece Knife Block Set
Named Hikari after the Japanese word for "illumination," the masterfully crafted, award-winning knives in this set are distinguished by their stunning birch PakkaWood handles and "hornet's nest" pattern. Extraordinarily sharp with a long-lasting edge, the blades have microserrations that reduce friction for clean, effortless slices that enhance the flavour of the food. The set includes five essential knives, as well as a dual-textured honing steel and solid birch block for eye-catching display and easy access.
- Shares the same award-winning construction as the Hikari chef's knife - named 2016's Kitchen Knife of the Year.
- Dual-core stainless steel blades are clad on each side with 71 micro layers of high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel to create a "hornet's nest" pattern reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edges, hand-sharpened to a 16-degree angle, are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Polished bolster promotes a comfortable chef's grip.
- Durable birch PakkaWood handle resists moisture and bacteria and has a beautiful low-gloss finish.
- Embossed endcap adds beauty and balance.
- Handle offers a superb grip for both left- and right-handed users.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
7-Piece Set includes:
- 4" paring knife.
- 6" utility knife.
- 6" chef's knife.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 9" bread knife.
- 9" honing steel.
- 8-slot storage block.
- 4" Paring Knife: 4"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 3.36 oz.
- 6" Utility Knife: 6"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 3.68 oz.
- 6" Chef's Knife: 6"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 5.6 oz.
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade, 5 1/2"-long handle; 7.68 oz.
- 9" Bread Knife: 9"-long blade, 5 1/2"-long handle; 7.04 oz.
- 9" Honing Steel: 9"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 3.36 oz.
- Storage Block: 9 3/4" x 3" x 10" high; 7 lb.
- Knives made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.