Shun Classic Blonde 5-Piece Starter Set
High-performance Shun Classic knives are now available with a contemporary natural look. The Classic Blonde collection marries the exceptional Damascus-style blades of the Classic series with comfortable PakkaWood handles in a light-coloured wood tone. Featuring a VG-MAX super-steel core and microthin layers of stainless-steel, each of these knives is ultra-sharp, lightweight and deftly balanced. This set includes a Slimline bamboo block with slots for four knives, kitchen shears (sold separately) and a honing steel.
- Each VG-MAX super-steel blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless-steel, creating variegated look reminiscent of Damascus-style blade.
- Exceptionally sharp cutting edges are long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Blonde PakkaWood handles resist moisture and feature D-shape to sit comfortably in hand.
- NSF-certified knives meet high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Bamboo block has slots for 4 knives, kitchen shears (sold separately) and a honing steel.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
5-Piece Starter Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 6" utility knife.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 9" honing steel.
- 6-slot Slimline bamboo storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2" blade, 4 1/2" handle; 2.2 oz.
- 6" utility knife: 6" blade, 4" handle; 2.5 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8" blade, 6" handle; 6.8 oz.
- 9" honing steel: 9" rod, 4" handle; 9.6 oz.
- Block: 11" x 3" x 6 1/4" high; 2 lb. 4 oz.
- Knives are handcrafted in Japan.
- Block made in China.
- Stainless-steel bolsters and end caps.
- Full-tang construction provides strength and balance.
- Double-bevel Japanese blades are hand sharpened to 16° angle on each side.
- PakkaWood is made of genuine hardwood infused with resin for moisture-resistance, strength and durability.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal and glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach and citrus extracts.
- In order to maximize the life of the blades, regular honing with a Shun steel is necessary. Weekly honing will extend the time between sharpening significantly. When the time comes to sharpen these blades, we recommend using a whetstone or the Kai electric sharpener (specifically designed to sharpen Shun's 16° blade angle), taking them to a professional sharpener or sending them to our service centre in Tualatin, Oregon, for free sharpening.
- Store knives in safe place to protect edges and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.