Shop High-Quality Woks at Williams Sonoma Canada
Serve your family delicious meals, from stir-fries to eggs to fajitas, in a premium wok from Williams Sonoma Canada. Discover all the ways you can use a wok to elevate your cooking skills. Learn more about these multi-purpose pans.
What is a Wok Used For?
Woks are traditionally used for stir-fry dishes. The round bottom concentrates the oil and heat in one spot, while the high, sloping sides retain the heat as you stir and toss. This results in quick cooking times. Wok pans can be used for so much more than your traditional stir-fry meals. Here are some other meal ideas you can prepare for family and friends.
- Deep-fry potatoes, shrimp, chicken and more. Deep-frying in a wok has plenty of room for different foods and requires less oil. Use a metal strainer or slotted spoon to remove the fried food from the oil.
- Woks are great for steaming. Simply place a bamboo steamer in the wok, semi-submerged in water to steam vegetables, seafood, dumplings and more.
- Turn your wok into a smoker to infuse your favorite meat with a rich, smoky flavor. Line the bottom of the wok pan with tinfoil and use a rack or grill to cook the meat.
Look For Durable Designs
Woks come in a variety of materials. Explore Williams Sonoma Canada's collection of woks to find the right size and style for your cooking needs.
- Cast iron woks retain heat extremely well to keep your food warm longer. These durable pans are non-stick and continual cooking will keep them seasoned.
- Lighter than cast iron woks, carbon steel pans heat quickly and evenly for easy use. They require regular seasoning to make them non-stick.
- Stainless steel woks are extremely durable and with proper care can last for years. While stainless steel pans require oil to create a nonstick surface react, you can use them to cook acidic foods. They are also dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
- Ceramic wok pans feature non-stick surfaces making them easy to clean. They are slower to heat but retain the heat quicker than other materials.
Make sure you're equipped with the correct cooks' tools when using a wok. Williams Sonoma Canada has a wide range of spatulas, tongs and slotted spoons. Use a splatter screen to prevent oil and sauces from splashing out. Shop for additional cookware accessories to complete your cookware collection.