Larchwood Original Board
Professional and home chefs alike prize this board for its extraordinary performance and unique natural beauty. Masterfully handcrafted in Nova Scotia from native larch wood, the board features traditional butcher-block end-grain construction that showcases the wood’s bold natural patterns and ensures heirloom-quality strength.
- Crafted Eastern Canadian larch wood, sustainably grown and harvested on Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia.
- Wood is kiln-dried and milled on site, then hand selected and matched by the master artisans who handcraft the board.
- Dense end-grain construction adds strength and resistance, and helps preserve knives’ sharpness.
- Soft rubber feet keep the board stable during use and help keep the underside dry.
- Carefully matched for colour and pattern, the wood ranges from brown to orange to beige within each board.
- Crafted and finished in a 30-step process, the board will retain its naturally unique beauty for generations.
- Made in Canada by Larch Wood, a small company of master artisans dedicated to producing exceptional products from native woods.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- 17 3/4" x 13 1/2".
- 1 1/2" thick.
- 7 lb. 14 oz.
- Made in Canada.
- The board has been treated with a food-grade mineral oil and a wax finish coat. The wax should be reapplied periodically depending on usage.
- To reapply the wax, ensure that the board has been well cleaned and dried off. Rub a thin coat of wax on the board with a soft cloth and let dry for several hours. Then buff with a soft dry cloth.
- Use a moist cloth or sponge to remove any dirt.
- Sticky particles can be loosened with the backside of a knife and then removed with a moist dry cloth or sponge.
- For a more thorough cleaning, apply salt to the board and rub with a sponge dampened with lemon juice.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Dry thoroughly before storing.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.