Shun Classic Blonde 8" Chef's Knife
High-performance Shun Classic knives are now available with a contemporary natural look. The Classic Blonde collection marries the exceptional Damascus-style blades of the Classic series with PakkaWood handles in a light-coloured wood tone. Featuring a VG-MAX super-steel core and microthin layers of stainless-steel, this chef's knife is ultra-sharp, lightweight and deftly balanced for all-purpose cutting.
- VG-MAX super-steel blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless-steel, creating variegated look reminiscent of Damascus-style blade.
- Long, slightly curved blade is efficient for both slicing and chopping.
- Exceptionally sharp cutting edge is long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Blonde PakkaWood handle resists moisture and features D-shape to sit comfortably in hand.
- NSF-certified knife meets high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- 8" blade, 6" handle.
- 6.8 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Stainless-steel bolster and end cap.
- Full-tang construction provides strength and balance.
- Double-bevel Japanese blade is hand sharpened to 16° angle on each side.
- PakkaWood is made of genuine hardwood infused with resin for moisture-resistance, strength and durability.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal and glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach and citrus extracts.
- In order to maximize the life of the blade, regular honing with a Shun steel is necessary. Weekly honing will extend the time between sharpening significantly. When the time comes to sharpen this blade, we recommend using a whetstone or the Kai electric sharpener (specifically designed to sharpen Shun's 16° blade angle), taking it to a professional sharpener or sending it to our service centre in Tualatin, Oregon, for free sharpening.
- Store knife in safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.