The Silpat® story began in France back in 1965, when a baker named M. Guy Demarle invented the first nonstick baguette baking tray. Several years later, he created the original Silpat nonstick baking mats, which quickly became mainstays in professional bakeries around the world. Today, Silpat is pleased to introduce the Patisserie baking collection ‑ available exclusively at Williams Sonoma.
In 1965, innovative French engineer and keen cook Guy Demarle created the first non-stick baking mat, thanks to which, he rapidly acquired a reputation for the best baguettes in France.
Guy called the mats Silpat because of the unique silicone and fiber manufacturing process. The handmade process by which they are still made today, in France.
Having built our reputation amongst professional bakers, Silpat are launching an exciting new range of moulds for the domestic chef – in what promises to be the start of a French Revolution in Baking.
Liberté. Pâtissière. Bakery.
What Makes Silpat® So Good?
More Reasons to Love Silpat®
Shapes come out perfectly without breaking.
Simply dishwash or wipe with a cloth – no scrubbing.
Use and Care
- To wash - simply wipe with damp sponge or gentle detergent
- To dry - roll in tea towel or just shake
- If grease builds up - soak briefly in diluted baking powder and water solution then wipe clean
- No need to grease
- Never cut on mould or mat
- Never expose to naked flame or grill
- Suitable for temps -40° to +500°F
- Handwash or dishwasher safe
Sorry, we couldn't find any products.