Shun Sora 5-Piece Student Knife Set
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost
Sora is Japanese for "sky," and the Shun Sora collection soars high in performance while offering down-to-earth value. With a traditional Japanese handle and blade shape, Sora knives deliver smooth, razor-sharp cutting and a lightweight feel that's easy to control. The composite blade reveals a beautiful wavy pattern characteristic of Japanese swordsmithing.
- Special 5-piece set includes a 3 1/2" paring knife, 8" chef's knife, 9" bread knife, honing steel and a sturdy nylon 8-slot knife roll with a detachable shoulder strap.
- Essential cutlery set is perfect for cooking classes or culinary school, allowing you to carry your favourite knives like professional chefs do.
- Designed for top safety and convenience, the zippered knife roll has 8 elasticized, reinforced pockets for knives, plus 5 interior pockets and compartments.
- Each blade features a VG-10 "super steel" core clad in stainless steel on each side for a san mai edge that is stain-resistant.
- Cutting edge is braze-welded to a mirror-polished Japanese steel upper, creating a traditional rippled pattern.
- Handle is a textured polymer blend for a secure grip and easy care.
- Knives are handcrafted in Japan.
Dimensions & More Info
- Paring Knife: 3 1/2"-long blade, 3"-long handle; 2 oz.
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 6.8 oz.
- 9" Bread Knife: 9"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 4.8 oz.
- 9" Honing Steel: 9"-long rod, 5"-long handle; 11.5 oz.
- 8-Slot Knife Roll: 19 3/4" x 6 1/2" x 2" high.
- Knives are handcrafted in Japan; knife roll is made in China.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife except a meat cleaver to cut
- through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.