Shun Premier 8" Western Chef
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost
Distinguished by hand-hammered blades and walnut-coloured PakkaWood handles, the Shun Premier Collection showcases the artistry and precision of artisan-forged knives. Modelled after European knives, this Western chef's knife has a 22-degree cutting edge that provides additional strength for cutting heavier foods like winter squash and cabbage.
- Blade features core of VG-MAX "super steel" clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel.
- Striking hand-hammered finish (tsuchime in Japanese) reduces drag when cutting and helps release food from blade.Walnut-finish PakkaWood handle has two-position design, providing a trigger grip for pull cuts and the perfect balance point for pinch grips.
- Stainless-steel endcaps embossed with Shun logo add stability, strength and wide weight distribution from end to end.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Dimensions & More Info
- 8" blade, 4" handle.
- 8.5 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 22-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.