Shun Kanso 4-Piece BBQ Knife Set
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost
Perfect for barbecue chefs on the go, this gorgeous set of premium Shun Kanso knives comes with a knife roll for easy portability. Included are three key Japanese blades for boning, slicing and serving grilled meats with finesse. This high-performance, handcrafted travel set makes an excellent gift for Dad.
- Blades of highly refined, high-carbon vanadium stainless steel take and hold a razor-sharp edge.
- Heritage-finish blades provide a rustic look that hides scratches and improves with age.
- Angled handles are made of dark tagayasan, known as "iron sword wood," an extremely dense wood traditionally used to make Samurai sword handles.
- Heavy-duty nylon knife roll has 8 slots for knives.
- Knives handcrafted in Japan.
4-piece set includes:
- 5" honesuki.
- 6" boning/fillet knife.
- 12" brisket knife with beechwood saya (sheath).
- Nylon knife roll.
Please note: Knife roll is counted as an individual piece.
Dimensions & More Info
- Honesuki knife: 5"-long blade, 4 3/4"-long handle; 3.3 oz.
- Boning/fillet knife: 6 1/4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 3.8 oz.
- Brisket knife: 12"-long blade, 5 1/2"-long handle; 10 oz.
- Knife roll: 19 3/4" x 6" x 2" high.
- Knives handcrafted in Japan.
- Roll made in China.
- Honesuki has a triangular blade and sharp point ideal for boning poultry and trimming meat and fish.
- Boning/fillet knife (gokujo) has a narrow, curved blade for efficient boning and filleting of meat and fish; also excels for trimming meat and slicing fillets.
- Brisket knife has a long, hollow-ground blade that carves elegant slices in a single pass. Includes a beechwood saya (protective sheath).
- Knife roll includes a top handle and removable shoulder strap.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.