Shun Kaji 8-Piece Knife Block Set
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost
Named for the blacksmith’s forge, the Kaji series was developed by Shun’s master knife makers exclusively for Williams Sonoma. Combining ancient Damascus-steel and clad-construction techniques, this set makes an excellent introduction to the Kaji series.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades’ construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Bamboo storage block has 12 slots.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
8-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2” paring knife.
- 6” tomato knife.
- 6 3/4” hollow-ground santoku.
- 8” chef’s knife.
- 9” bread knife.
- 9” hollow-ground carving knife.
- 9” honing steel.
- 12-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2” paring knife: 3 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 3.2 oz.
- 6” tomato knife: 6”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 6.5 oz.
- 6 3/4” hollow-ground santoku: 6 3/4”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.2 oz.
- 8” chef’s knife: 8”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.8 oz.
- 9” bread knife: 9”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 7.8 oz.
- 9” hollow-ground carving knife: 9”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8 oz.
- 9” honing steel: 9”-long rod; 5”-long handle; 9.5 oz.
- Knives are made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your straight-edge knives at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Sharpen your serrated knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.