Shun Kaji 7" Asian Chef's Knife
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost
The premium Shun Kaji collection blends new technology with a centuries-old tradition of handcraftsmanship. This 7" Asian chef's knife is lighter and easier to handle than many Western chef's knives. Known as a gyuto in Japan, the multipurpose knife tackles countless cutting tasks from slicing fish and meat to prepping fruit and vegetables.
- 65-layer blade features premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel and stainless-steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a super-sharp cutting edge.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- NSF-certified knife meets high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Dimensions & More Info
- 7" blade, 6" handle.
- 6.6 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.