Shun Hinoki Cutting Board
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost
Made by Japan’s leading blade manufacturer, these cutting boards protect the finest cutlery and help keep your knives sharp for years to come. The boards are made of Hinoki, a medium-soft wood that adeptly conceals minor cuts and scratches.
- Hinoki wood, or Japanese cypress, has natural antibacterial properties that make it ideal for kitchen prep work.
- The straight, subtle grain of Hinoki makes this stain-resistant board attractive enough for use at the table as well as in the kitchen.
- Hinoki wood is resistant to rotting and fungus growth, and has a naturally fresh citrus fragrance.
- Ideal cutting board for protecting the razor-sharpness of Shun knives.
- Made in Japan.
Dimensions & More Info
- Small: 10 3/4" x 8 1/4" x 1/4" thick.
- Medium: 16" x 10 3/4" x 1/2" thick
- Large: 17 3/4" x 11 3/4" x 3/4" thick.
- Made in Japan.
Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.