Shun Classic Asian Chef's Knife
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost
Known in Japan as a gyuto, this light, nimble knife is ideal for slicing meat and fish, and it performs beautifully on vegetables too. The blade is thinner than a traditional chef's knife but still offers plenty of knuckle clearance on the cutting board. Shun knives are produced by Japan’s leading blade manufacturer, reflecting the craftsmanship of a centuries-old tradition of knife making.
- All-purpose Asian-style chef's knife with thin, lightweight blade.
- Excels for a full range of chopping, slicing and dicing tasks.
- VG-MAX "super steel" blade is clad on each side with 34 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long-lasting and easy to maintain.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Dimensions & More Info
- 7"-long blade.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.