KAI Luna 9" Bread Knife
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost
Kai, one of Japan's largest and most historic cutlery companies, has developed Kai Luna to offer superior cutlery design at an affordable price. Each knife has a high-carbon stainless-steel blade that is mirror-polished and finished with unique hammered detail. This bread knife is both lightweight and super sharp, with widely spaced, angled serrations that allow it to cut easily in both directions with minimal pulling and tearing.
- Traditional Japanese hammered finish helps release food more easily.
- Mirror polishing with graze-finish edge increases stain and corrosion resistance.
- German DIN1.4116 high-carbon stainless-steel blade is hand-sharpened on a whetstone and holds a super-sharp edge.
- 16-degree cutting edge is razor-sharp and more precise than standard Western-style knives.
- Wide, angled serrations ensure gentle, precise cutting as you pull and push knife through bread.
- Lightweight, soft-grip handle has rubberized inserts for a comfortable, secure grip.
- Coordinating sheath protects the blade and makes storage safe and easy.
Dimensions & More Info
- 9"-long blade; 5 1/4"-long handle
- 4.6 oz.
- Blade composition: German DIN1.4116 high-carbon stainless steel.
- Handle composition: stainless steel with BPA-free polypropylene inserts.
- Made in China.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen serrated knife at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.