Global Ukon 3-Piece Starter Knife Set
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost
Williams Sonoma's partnership with Global cutlery led to the development of Global Ukon, the perfect synthesis of Japan's knife-making heritage, modern design and superior performance. Details like a dual-surface handle, an ambidextrous thumb rest and a thicker blade with a noticeably sharper edge are indications of Ukon's technical innovation. Like all Global knives, the cutlery offers perfect balance and seamless construction. This set includes three essential pieces of kitchen cutlery, so you can enjoy the performance of Ukon every day.
- Set includes 3 1/2" paring knife, 6" serrated utility knife and 8" chef's knife.
- Knife edges are 10% sharper out of the box based on internationally recognized C.A.T.R.A. testing.
- Dual-surface handles have smooth and textured sides, representing the fusion of modern design and Global tradition.
- Thicker blades provide added durability and strength without compromising performance.
- Ergonomic handle and rounded spine ensure extra comfort and minimize fatigue.
- Stamped blade is made of exceptionally hard Cromova 18 high-carbon stainless steel, ice tempered and hardened to resist corrosion.
- Made in Japan exclusively for Williams Sonoma.
Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" Paring Knife: 3 1/2"-long blade, 4 1/4"-long handle; 5 oz.
- 6" Serrated Utility Knife: 5 3/4"-long blade, 4 1/4"-long handle; 3 oz.
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 6 oz.
- Made in Japan.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Sharpen serrated knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.