Global Sai Chef's Knife
Enter your postcode for estimated delivery cost
Legendary industrial designer Komin Yamada brings a new age of innovation to Global cutlery with Sai—individually hand-hammered knives with one-of-a-kind character. Unifying function and design, this distinctive Japanese chef's knife combines an ergonomic handle with a triple-layered steel blade whose razor-sharp edge is ideal for a wide variety of everyday kitchen tasks, including mincing, dicing, chopping and slicing.
- The first new cutlery line produced by Global in more than 30 years, Sai blends the Japanese company’s tradition of craftsmanship with modern technological advancements.
- Designer Komin Yamada pairs user-friendly organic designs with individually hand-hammered blades that make each knife unique.
- The knives combine three layers of steel: a core of patented, ultra-hard Cromova 18 Sanso stainless-steel alloy and two outer layers of more flexible 18/8 steel for added strength and resistance to rust.
- Professional-quality blades are ice-hardened and tempered to increase hardness, resist corrosion and maintain long-lasting sharpness.
- Each blade is hand-hammered to create hollow air pockets that reduce drag, allowing the blade to glide through food without sticking.
- 12.5-degree blade edge is mirror-polished by hand for exceptionally long-lasting sharpness.
- The perfectly balanced handle has an ergonomic thumb rest for a smooth, efficient cutting motion and steady, comfortable grip.
- Iconic dots on the knife's hollow handle represent seven traditional Japanese virtues from the Samurai code of honour.
- Made in Japan.
Dimensions & More Info
- 5 1/2" Chef's Knife: 5 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5 oz.
- 7 1/2" Chef's Knife: 7 1/2"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 8.5 oz.
- 9 3/4" Chef's Knife: 10"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 11.25 oz.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
We offer four types of delivery (Small Parcel, Large Parcel, Small Furniture & Large Rugs, White Glove Delivery) determined by the products in your order. A product’s delivery type is displayed under the "Stock Status" information on each product page online. Delivery charges are determined by your delivery destination and are charged per order. Multiple-product orders are charged according to the product with the highest delivery type. Sometimes products may arrive separately but you will only be charged one delivery fee per order. If orders ship separately, they may ship according to the ship mode specifically for the item being delivered and not the highest delivery mode for the order Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes for furniture.
Please provide a street address for delivery - we cannot ship to PO Boxes.
For pricing and further details, visit our Shipping Information Page.
NOTE: Delivery is not available to all postal codes. Exclusions apply. We are unable to ship to Quebec at this time.