Position: Assistant Manager
Primary Function: Develop and motivate staff to provide the highest level of customer service and maximize sales. Effectively supervise store operations, maintain appropriate inventory levels, and promote and maintain a positive work environment.
Duties & Responsiblities
- Manage and oversee planning and staffing of specific departments, including supervising staff assigned to respective areas.
- Lead new associate training using an approach we call GUEST, and develop staff by coaching, training and counseling associates.
- Contribute to performance appraisals and regularly communicate performance issues to Store Manager.
- Direct the work flow of back room operations including stock room organization, supply needs, shipping/receiving and scheduling for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Plan and execute staff schedules and maintain payroll efficiency.
- Perform opening and closing procedures, including planning daily agenda. Assign, monitor and ensure completion of tasks and projects as outlined in the daily agenda.
- Monitor store inventory and cleanliness.
- Exemplify the highest level of customer service standards and reinforce those principles by regularly providing feedback to staff.
- Anticipate and resolve internal and external customer needs.
- 1-2 years of retail management experience, specialty retail preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry medium to large items several meters, weighing up to 35kg.
- Good planning and time-management skills for executing multiple tasks simultaneously.